To glorify God and enjoy Him forever by loving God, loving one another, and loving our neighbor.
Our Objectives are...
- Worship God through His word, faithful prayers, and Christ centered music.
- Grow through biblical expository preaching and loving pastoral care.
- Fellowship groups/Bible studies, that cultivate maturity and foster care.
- Effective Christian discipleship for all ages.
- Equip, engage and encourage missionary outreach to our local community and throughout the world.
Our passion is to worship and follow Christ by providing biblical teaching, Bible studies and small groups, while loving our community and sharing the truth of the Gospel.
As an Evangelical Presbyterian Church, we take very seriously the need for a faithful confession of the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the belief that the Bible is God's infallible word. The historic Westminster Confession of Faith is our theological and confessional standard.
God has called Community EPC to the mission field in the Owosso area. We welcome you to be a part of this call to discipleship in Christ; to be loved, to be equipped in understanding and to grow in spiritual maturity, so together we may be a blessing to others and share good news of salvation which is a gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
Community is the result of Bible studies dating back to 1974. The church was incorporated in 1975 as Community Church of Owosso gathering in homes or at the YWCA.
June 14, 1982, we joined the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. It is confessional, historically reformed, and missional with a representative government. The EPC is also dedicated to the liberty of the local church. The denomination maintains a strong evangelical statement of faith, holding to the Westminster Confession of Faith.
We changed our name to Community Evangelical Presbyterian Church. On June 21, 1987, Community moved into its current meeting place on 951 E. Riley Road. In March 2018, Community transitioned from our founding shepherd to our first new pastor. Part of our vision as a church is to increase our loving outreach to our community and expand ministry of Christ Jesus through missions locally and abroad.
EPC Essentials :
All scripture is self-attesting and true. It requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
1. We believe in one God, the Sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ, the Living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He is true God and true man and is united forever in one person. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Him to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifying them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the Body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth - personally, visibly, and bodily - to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. Revelation 22:20
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. Ephesians 2:10
These essentials are more fully addressed within the Westminster Confession of Faith, the doctrinal standard of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Westminster Confession of Faith:
Our doctrinal standard is the Westminster Confession of Faith which can be downloaded by clicking on the title.
The Mission of the gospel is at the heart of Community EPC. We prayerfully, supportively, and financially partner with our missionaries locally, regionally, and around the world. All believers are called to be missionaries for Christ in their particular communities.